Assemble Block D
1. Join a blue-green batik 2x16-1⁄2" strip to left-hand edge of a T-shirt 12-1⁄2x16-1⁄2" rectangle (Diagram 5). Press seam toward blue-green batik strip.
2. Sew a tan circle-and-swirl batik 2-1⁄2x16-1⁄2" strip to right-hand edge of T-shirt rectangle. Press seam toward tan circle-and-swirl strip.
3. Add tan circle-and-swirl batik 2-1⁄2x16" strips to top and bottom edges of T-shirt rectangle. Press seams toward tan circle-and-swirl strips.
4. Sew a mottled tan batik 2x20-1⁄2" strip to left-hand of T-shirt rectangle. Press seam toward mottled tan batik strip.
5. Sew together a cream batik 2x42"strip and a light blue batik 1-1⁄2x42" strip to make a strip set. Press seam toward light blue batik strip. Make a second strip set. Cut strip sets into four 20-1⁄2"-wide segments.
6. Sew a 20-1⁄2"-wide segment to right-hand edge of T-shirt rectangle to make Block D (Diagram 5). Press seams toward segment. Block D should be 20x20-1⁄2" rectangle including seam allowances.
7. Assembling in a mirror-image fashion and using a 20-1⁄2"-wide segment, repeat steps 1–5, then Step 6 to make a mirror-image D block.
8. Using the following pieces and referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, repeat steps 1-4, 6, and 7 to make a second D block and a second mirror-image D block: two T-shirt 12-1⁄2x16-1⁄2" rectangles, two mottled tan batik 2x16-1⁄2" strips, two tan wheat batik 2-1⁄2x16-1⁄2" strips, four tan wheat batik 2-1⁄2x16" strips, two cream triangle batik 2x20-1⁄2" strips, and remaining strip sets.