Assemble Quilt Center
1. Sew together a green print A diamond and a gold print A diamond (Diagram 1). Press seam in one direction. Join pair to one edge of coral print B diamond. Press seam toward pieced diamonds.
2. Referring to Diagram 2, sew together a green print A diamond, a gold print A diamond, and a blue print A diamond. Press seams toward green print. Join strip to adjacent edge of Step 1 pieced unit to make a star point unit. Press seam toward pieced diamonds.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make eight star point units total.
4. Join two star point units, making sure you do not stitch into the 1/4" seam allowance at corners (black dots on Diagram 3). Set a green print triangle into the inner corner to make a partial star unit (see "Setting Seams"); press seams toward diamonds. Repeat to make four partial star units total.
5. Sew together partial star units in pairs, then join pairs to make a star, making sure you do not stitch into 1/4" seam allowances (Diagram 4).
6. Set a tree print 12-1/2" square into each corner of star to complete quilt center (Diagram 5). The quilt center should be 41-1/2" square including seam allowances.