Assemble and Add Middle Border
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each pink small floral 3-1/2" square.
2. Referring to Assemble Sashing Units, use marked pink small floral 3-1/2" squares, cream floral 3-1/2x6-1/2" rectangles, and green floral 3-1/2x6-1/2" rectangles to make 14 cream large Flying Geese units and 14 green large Flying Geese units. Each unit should be 3-1/2x6-1/2" including seam allowances.
3. Join a cream large Flying Geese unit and a green large Flying Geese unit to make a pieced border unit (Diagram 5). Press seam toward green large Flying Geese unit. The pieced border unit should be 6-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 14 pieced border units total.
4. Layer a marked pink small floral square atop each cream floral 3-1/2" square (Diagram 6). Sew on marked lines; trim excess fabric, leaving 1/4" seam allowances. Press open to make four cream triangle-squares. Each triangle-square should be 3-1/2" square including seam allowances.
5. Using green floral 3-1/2" squares instead of cream floral, repeat Step 4 to make four green triangle-squares (Diagram 7).
6. Join a cream triangle-square and a green triangle-square to make Border Segment A (Diagram 8). Press seam toward green triangle-square. Border Segment A should be 6-1/2x3-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second Border Segment A.
7. Repeat Step 6, reversing placement of cream and green triangle-squares, to make two of Border Segment B (Diagram 9).
8. Sew together seven pieced border units in a row (Quilt Assembly Diagram; note rotation of border units). Press seams in one direction. Add border segments A and B to opposite ends of row to make a middle border strip. Press seams toward border segments. The strip should be 6-1/2x48-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second middle border strip.
9. Add middle border strips to top and bottom edges of quilt center. Press seams toward middle border.