1. Referring to Diagram 2, position a solid navy blue 1-1⁄4×4-3⁄4" strip along top edge of a center unit, aligning right-hand edges. Beginning 1" from left-hand edge of center unit, sew together pieces. Finger-press seam away from center unit.
2. Sew a second solid navy blue 1-1⁄4×4-3⁄4" strip to right-hand edge of center unit and a third solid navy blue 1-1⁄4×4-3⁄4" strip to bottom edge of center unit (Diagram 3). Press all seams away from center unit.
3. Add a fourth solid navy blue 1-1⁄4×4-3⁄4" strip to left-hand edge of center unit and press as before. Sew remaining portion of the first seam (Diagram 4). Press seam toward first solid navy blue strip. The center unit now should be 5-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
4. Referring to steps 1–3 and Diagram 5, add solid white 1-1⁄4×6-1⁄4" strips, solid red 1-1⁄4×7-3⁄4" strips, solid white 1-1⁄4×9-1⁄4" strips, and solid navy blue 1-1⁄4×10-3⁄4" strips to center unit to make a Log Cabin unit. The Log Cabin unit should be 11-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
5. Cut Log Cabin unit in half horizontally and vertically to make four block units (Diagram 6). Each block unit should be 5-3⁄4" square including seam allowances.
6. Referring to Diagram 7, lay out four block units, four solid white 2×5-3⁄4" sashing strips, and one solid navy blue 2" sashing square in rows. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward sashing strips. Join rows to make a block. Press seams toward solid white sashing strips. The block should be 12-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
7. Repeat steps 1–6 to make 30 blocks total.