Assemble the Block
1. Prepare and position the appliqué pieces on the solid cream 10-1⁄2" square (Appliqué Placement Diagram).
2. Using your chosen appliqué method and threads that match the fabrics, appliqué the pieces in place, starting with the stems.
3. Trim the appliqué foundation to 9-1⁄2" square, including the seam allowances.
4. Place the Corner Cutting Template on the wrong side of the appliquéd square, aligned in the corner where the stems end (Diagram 1). Trace around the template, transferring reference marks. Carefully cut on the marked edge (Diagram 2).
5. With right sides together, pin the appliquéd block to the green print D block corner. Place the first pin precisely at the center of the sewing line. Next, place a pin at each end of the sewing line (Diagram 3). Then pin the remainder of the seam until all reference marks are matched and the pieces fit together smoothly (Diagram 4). Join to complete an appliqué block.