Assemble and Add Borders
1. Cut and piece cream print 2x42" strips to make:
2 -- 2x751/2" inner border strips
2 -- 2x721/2" inner border strips
2. Sew short inner border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long inner border strips to remaining edges of quilt center. Press all seams toward quilt center. The quilt center now should be 75-1/2" square including seam allowances.
3. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram for placement, lay out velvet, twill, and plaid squares and rectangles in four outer border strips.
4. Sew together pieces in each outer border strip. Press seams toward darker fabrics.
5. Sew short outer border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long outer border strips to remaining edges of quilt center to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border.