Assemble Pinwheel Units
1. Mark a diagonal line on wrong side of solid ivory 3-3⁄8" squares.
2. Layer a marked solid ivory square atop each gold print 3-3⁄8" square. Sew each pair together with two seams, stitching 1⁄4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1). Cut each pair apart on drawn line to make two small triangle units. Press each triangle unit open, pressing seam toward gold triangle, to make 144 gold triangle-squares total. Each triangle-square should measure 3" square including seam allowances.
3. Repeat Step 2 with remaining marked solid ivory squares and the light teal print 3-3⁄8" squares to make 96 teal triangle-squares.
4. Sew together four gold triangle-squares in pairs (Diagram 2). Press seams in opposite directions. Join pairs to make a gold pinwheel unit; press seam in one direction. The unit should be 5-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 36 gold pinwheel units total.
5. Repeat Step 4 with teal triangle-squares to make 24 teal pinwheel units.