Assemble Quilt Center
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out 20 appliquéd blocks, 12 Square-in-a-Square blocks, 14 side units, and 10 solid white large triangles in diagonal rows.
2. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward Square-in-a-Square blocks and side units.
3. Join rows; press seams in one direction. Add a corner unit to each corner to complete quilt center; press seams toward corner units. The quilt center should be 70-1⁄2 ×86" including seam allowances.
1. Sew long solid yellow inner border strips to long edges of quilt center. Join short inner border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward inner border.
2. Cut and piece green print 2-1⁄2 ×42" strips to make:
• 2—2-1⁄2 ×88" middle border strips
• 2—2-1⁄2 ×76-1⁄2" middle border strips
3. Sew long middle border strips to long edges of quilt center. Join short middle border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward middle border.
4. Sew long blue print outer border strips to long edges of quilt center. Join short blue print outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing.
2. Quilt as desired. Machine-quilter Jenise Antony stitched a floral design in each Square-in-a-Square unit and a second floral design in each solid yellow and solid white large triangle (Quilting Diagram). She stippled the background of each appliquéd block and stitched in the ditch of each border. She quilted a chain design in the middle border and a feather design in the outer border.
3. Bind with green print binding strips.