Assemble Flying Geese Units
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each 5" square.
2. Align a marked A print square with one end of B print 5x9-1/2" rectangle (Diagram 1; note direction of drawn line). Sew on marked line; trim seam allowance to 1/4". Press open attached triangle.
3. Align a second marked A print square with opposite end of Step 2 rectangle (Diagram 1; again note direction of marked line). Stitch, trim, and press as before to make an A/B Flying Geese unit. The unit should be 9-1/2x5" including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make a second matching A/B Flying Geese unit.
5. Referring to Diagram 2 and using marked B print squares and A print 5x9-1/2" rectangles, repeat steps 2–4 to make three matching B/A Flying Geese units.
6. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram for fabric placement and steps 2–4, use remaining B through G flannel 5" squares and 5x9-1/2" rectangles to make the following Flying Geese units: