1. Mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each pink print 1-1/2-inch square.
2. Align a marked pink print square with one corner of a solid turquoise 2-1/2-inch square (Diagram 1; note placement of diagonal line). Stitch on marked line; trim seam allowance to 1/4 inch. Press attached triangle open. Align a second, matching pink print square with opposite corner of solid turquoise square; stitch, trim, and press as before. Sew matching pink print squares to remaining corners of solid turquoise square; stitch, trim, and press as before to make a Square-in-a-Square unit. The unit should be 2-1/2 inches square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 65 Square-in-a-Square units total.
3. Referring to Diagram 2, lay out 13 Square-in-a-Square units and 12 green print 2-1/2-inch squares in five rows.
4. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward green squares. Join rows to make a checkerboard block. Press seams in one direction. The block should be 10-1/2 inches square including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make five checkerboard blocks total.
6. Sew together three pink floral 2-1/2-x-42-inch strips and two green print 2-1/2-x-42-inch strips to make a strip set A (Diagram 3). Press seams toward green print strips. Cut strip set into twelve 2-1/2-inch-wide A segments.
7. Sew together two pink floral 2-1/2-x-42-inch strips and three green print 2-1/2-x-42-inch strips to make a strip set B (Diagram 4). Press seams toward green print strips. Cut strip set into eight 2-1/2-inch-wide B segments.
8. Sew together three A segments and two B segments to make a 25-Patch block (Diagram 5). The block should be 10-1/2 inches square including seam allowances.
9. Repeat to make four 25-Patch blocks total. (For an unexpected splash of color, designer Tonee White used two lime green 2-1/2-inch squares in one 25-Patch block; see Quilt Assembly Diagram.