Assemble Star Blocks
1. Mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each white star print 3-1/2" square.
2. Align a marked white print square with one end of a blue print 3-1/2x61/2" rectangle (Diagram 3; note direction of drawn line). Sew on drawn line; trim excess, leaving a 1/4" seam allowance. Press open attached triangle.
3. Align a second marked white star print square with opposite end of Step 2 blue print rectangle (Diagram 3). Stitch, trim, and press as before to make a large Flying Geese unit. The large Flying Geese unit should be 6-1/2x3-1/2" including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 20 large Flying Geese units total.
5. Referring to Diagram 4, sew together four Four-Patch units, four large Flying Geese units, and one blue novelty print 6-1/2" square in rows. Press seams toward Flying Geese units. Join rows to make a star block; press seams toward center row. The block should be 12-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make five star blocks total.