Assemble Pinwheel Row
1. For one Pinwheel block, gather a set of red print 3-7⁄8" squares and a set of blue print or blue damask 3-7⁄8" squares. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each red print square.
2. Layer a marked red print square atop a blue print or blue damask square. Sew together with two seams, stitching 1⁄4" on each side of marked line (Diagram 1). Cut apart on drawn line to make two triangle units. Press each triangle unit open, pressing seam toward red print, to make two triangle-squares. Each should be 3-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four triangle-squares total.
3. Sew together triangle-squares in pairs (Diagram 2). Press seams in opposite directions. Join pairs to make a Pinwheel block. Press seam in one direction. The block should be 6-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 1–4 to make four Pinwheel blocks total.
5. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew together Pinwheel blocks to make a Pinwheel row. Press seams in one direction. The row should be 6-1⁄2x24-1⁄2" including seam allowances.