Assemble Quilt Center
1. Join a rose polka dot extra-small triangle and a white print extra-small triangle to make an extra-small triangle-square (Diagram 9). Press seam toward rose polka dot triangle. The triangle-square should be 1-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 32 extra-small triangle-squares total.
2. Lay out four extra-small triangle-squares, four white print 1-1/2" squares, and a rose polka dot 1-1/2" square in three rows (Diagram 10). Join pieces in each row; press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row. Join rows to make a star block. Press seams in one direction. The star block should be 3-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make eight star blocks total.
3. Sew pink tone-on-tone 1-1/2x16-1/2" sashing strips to top and bottom edges of center block (Quilt Assembly Diagram). Press seams toward sashing.
4. Referring to Diagram 11, join four star blocks and three white print 1-1/2x3-1/2" rectangles in a row, alternating blocks and rectangles. Press seams toward white print rectangles. Sew a white print 1x3-1/2" rectangle to each end of row to make a star block sashing row. Press seams toward white print rectangles. The row should be 3-1/2x16-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second star block sashing row.
5. Join star block sashing rows to top and bottom edges of center block (Quilt Assembly Diagram). Press seams toward pink tone-on-tone sashing strips.
6. Sew pink tone-on-tone 1-1/2x28-1/2" sashing strips to side edges of center block (Quilt Assembly Diagram). Join pink tone-on-tone 1-1/2x18-1/2" sashing strips to remaining edges to make quilt center. Press all seams toward sashing strips. The quilt center should be 18-1/2x30-1/2" including seam allowances.