1. Referring to Block Assembly Diagram, lay out units A, B, C, and D, one yellow print 1-1⁄2×5-1⁄2" sashing strip, one yellow print 1-1⁄2×9-1⁄2" sashing strip, and one yellow print 1-1⁄2×15-1⁄2" sashing strip.
2. Sew together unit A, yellow print 1-1⁄2×9-1⁄2" sashing strip, and unit C to make a unit AC. Press all seams toward sashing.
3. Sew together unit D, yellow print 1-1⁄2×5-1⁄2" sashing strip, and unit B to make a unit DB. Press all seams toward sashing.
4. Sew together unit AC, yellow print 1-1⁄2×15-1⁄2" sashing strip, and unit DB to make a block. Press seams toward sashing. The block should be 15-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 to make 16 blocks total.
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out four blocks and three yellow print 1-1⁄2×15-1⁄2" sashing strips. Rotate blocks as shown.
2. Join blocks and sashing strips in a row. Press seams in one direction. Pieced row should be 15-1⁄2×63-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make four rows total, pressing seams in one direction and alternating direction with each row.