Assemble Triangle-Square Blocks
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of six solid yellow and six solid blue 3-1/8" squares.
2. Layer each marked solid yellow square atop an orange dot 3-1/8" square. Sew each pair together with two seams, stitching 1/4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 4).
3. Cut a pair apart on drawn line to make two triangle units (Diagram 4). Press open each triangle unit, pressing seam away from solid yellow, to make two orange triangle-squares. Each should be 2-3/4" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make six orange dot triangle-squares total.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 using remaining marked yellow 3-1/8" squares and pink dot 3-1/8" squares to make six pink dot triangle-squares total.
5. Using teal dot and green dot 3-1/8" squares and marked solid blue squares, repeat steps 2 and 3 to make six teal dot and six green dot triangle-squares.
6. Mark a diagonal line on wrong side of two red stripe and two green stripe 3-1/8" squares.
7. Repeat steps 2 and 3 using marked red stripe squares and geometric 3-1/8" squares to make four red stripe triangle-squares. Repeat using marked green stripe squares and remaining green and teal dot 3-1/8" squares to make four green stripe triangle-squares.
8. Referring to Diagram 5, sew together orange triangle-squares and red stripe triangle-squares in four rows. Press seams in directions indicated on diagram. Join rows to make an orange triangle-square block. Press seams in one direction. The block should be 5x9-1/2" including seam allowances.
9. Using pink triangle-squares instead of orange, repeat Step 8 to make a pink triangle-square block.
10. Referring to Diagram 6, repeat Step 8 using teal triangle-squares and green stripe triangle-squares to make a teal triangle-square block. Repeat using green triangle-squares and green stripe triangle-squares to make a green stripe triangle-square block.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: