Assemble Triangle-Squares and Side Units
1. Mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each tan print and cream print 2-3/8" square.
2. Layer a marked tan print 2-3/8" square atop each blue print 2-3/8" square. Sew each pair together with two seams, stitching 1/4" on either side of drawn line (Diagram 1).
3. Cut each pair apart on drawn line to make two triangle units. Press each triangle unit open, pressing seam toward blue print, to make 280 blue triangle-squares total. Each triangle-square should be 2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with marked cream print 2-3/8" squares and red print 2-3/8" squares to make 140 red triangle-squares.
5. Sew a blue triangle-square to each end of a tan print 2x3-1/2" rectangle to make a side unit (Diagram 2). Press seams toward rectangle. The side unit should be 2x6-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make 140 side units total.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: