Assemble Block Centers
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each orange tone-on-tone and yellow print 2-7/8" square.
2. Layer each marked orange tone-on-tone square atop a black-and-green floral 2-7/8" square. Sew each pair together with two seams, stitching 1/4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1).
3. Cut a pair apart on drawn line to make two triangle units (Diagram 1). Open triangle units and press seams toward orange tone-on-tone to make two triangle-squares. Each triangle-square should be 2-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 20 triangle-squares total.
4. Referring to Diagram 2, sew together four triangle-squares in pairs. Press seams in opposite directions. Join pairs to make an orange Pinwheel unit. Press seam in one direction. The Pinwheel unit should be 4-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make five orange Pinwheel units total.
5. Referring to Diagram 3, lay out one orange Pinwheel unit, four teal wavy print 1-1/2x4-1/2" rectangles, and four red print 1-1/2" squares in three rows. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward teal wavy print rectangles. Join rows to make an orange block center. Press seams away from middle row. The block center should be 6-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make five orange block centers total.
6. Using marked yellow print 2-7/8" squares and red print 2-7/8" squares, repeat steps 2–4 to make four yellow Pinwheel units.
7. Using yellow Pinwheel units, remaining teal wavy print 1-1/2x4-1/2" rectangles, and green tone-on-tone 1-1/2" squares, repeat Step 5 to make four yellow block centers.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: