1. Pick up all pieces for upper left-hand block from design wall.
2. Sew assorted print 1-1/2x2" strips to opposite edges of a blue teardrop print 2" square to make a block center (Diagram 1). Press seams away from blue teardrop print square.
3. Add assorted print 1-1/2x4" strips to opposite edges of block center (Diagram 2). Press as before. The block center now should be 4" square including seam allowances.
4. Referring to Diagram 3, continue adding assorted print strips to block center, pressing all seams away from block center, to make a Log Cabin block. The block should be 8" square including seam allowances. Return completed block to its position on design wall.
5. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram and design wall for placement, repeat steps 2-4 to make 12 Log Cabin blocks total.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: