Cut and Assemble Flying Geese Units
From assorted white prints, cut:
8—2-1⁄4" squares (2 sets of 4 matching squares)
From assorted 1930s prints, cut:
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each white print 2-1⁄4" square.
2. Gather a set of marked white print 2-1⁄4" squares and a 1930s print 4" square.
3. Referring to Diagram 3, align two marked white print squares with opposite corners of 1930s print 4" square. Sew a scant 1⁄4" from drawn lines on both sides of lines. Cut apart on drawn lines to make two triangle units (Diagram 4). Press seams toward white print triangles.
4. Referring to Diagram 5, align a marked white print square with 1930s print corner of a triangle unit. Sew a scant 1⁄4" from each side of drawn line; cut apart on drawn line (Diagram 6). Press seams toward white print triangles to make two Flying Geese units. Each unit should be 3-1⁄4x1-7⁄8" including seam allowances. Repeat with remaining marked white print square and remaining triangle unit to make two additional Flying Geese units for four total.
5. Repeat steps 2–4 to make eight Flying Geese units total.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: