Assemble House Block 1
1. Sew together red print 2-1/2x4-1/2" rectangle and brown print 4-1/2" square to make house unit (Diagram 1). Press seam in one direction. The unit should be 6-1/2x4-1/2" including seam allowances.
2. Referring to Diagram 2, align a brown print 2-1/2x4-1/2" rectangle with right-hand end of a second brown print 2-1/2x4-1/2" rectangle. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on vertical brown print rectangle as shown. Stitch on marked line; trim seam allowance to 1/4" (Diagram 3). Press pieces open to make roof subunit.
3. Align a marked tan tone-on-tone 2-1/2" square with each end of roof subunit (Diagram 4). Stitch, trim, and press each square as before to make roof unit. The unit should be 6-1/2x2-1/2" including seam allowances.
4. Sew together a tan tone-on-tone 1-1/2x3-1/2" rectangle, a brown print 1-1/2" square, and a tan tone-on-tone 1-1/2x2-1/2" rectangle to make chimney unit (Diagram 5). Press seams toward brown print square. The unit should be 6-1/2x1-1/2" including seam allowances.
5. Sew together house, roof, and chimney units to make House Block 1 (Diagram 6). Press seams in one direction. The block should be 6-1/2x7-1/2" including seam allowances.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out:
House Block Quilt Patterns