Appliqué the Flower Blocks
1. Referring to the Appliqué Placement Diagram, arrange a green print A stem, D leaf, and D reversed leaf, and a pink print B flower on a solid tan 6-1/2x10-1/2" appliqué foundation rectangle; fuse in place.
2. Using threads that match the appliqué fabrics and working from the bottom layer to the top, machine-blanket-stitch the appliqué pieces to the foundation rectangle.
3. Lay a yellow print C flower center with the fusible side up. Place a rickrack length on the flower center, easing it around the edges of the oval and overlapping the ends slightly. Use just the tip of the iron to lightly fuse the rickrack in place. Note: When temporarily fusing the rickrack, place a nonstick pressing sheet over the flower center appliqué to prevent getting fusible-web residue on your iron.
4. Add the embellished yellow print C flower center to the foundation rectangle (see Diagram 1); fuse in place. Using yellow thread, machine-blanket-stitch the yellow print flower center to the foundation rectangle to make an appliquéd flower block. Be sure to keep the rickrack's outer edge free from the stitching.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 with the remaining appliqué pieces, solid tan appliqué foundations, and 8-1/2"-long rickrack pieces to make a total of nine appliquéd flower blocks.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: