1. Sew together a novelty print 10x10-1/2" rectangle and a sewing machine print 10x10-1/2" rectangle along long top edge (Diagram 1). Press seam toward novelty print.
2. Fold Step 1 unit wrong sides together along seam. Referring to Diagram 2, place a batting 9-3/4x10-1/2" rectangle between layers and press. Pin layers together.
3. Using thread that matches background of sewing machine print, machine-straight-stitch around edges of sewing machine motif to make a quilted rectangle (Diagram 3).
4. Referring to Diagram 4, use a pencil to mark dots on bottom edge of quilted rectangle 1" and 2" from left-hand edge. Repeat marking from right-hand edge.
5. Fold and match dot pairs to make pleats; pin pleats in place (Diagram 5).
6. Aligning bottom and side edges, pin Step 5 piece atop matching novelty print 8-1/2x10-1/2" rectangle. Using 1/8" seam allowances, machine-baste around side and bottom edges to make a pocket (Diagram 6).
7. Repeat steps 1–6 to make 12 pockets total.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: