1. Join a lilac batik 2-1⁄2" square and two matching purple or dark purple batik 2-1⁄2x4-1⁄2" rectangles to make a dark center rectangle unit (Diagram 1). Press seams toward lilac square The unit should be 2-1⁄2x10-1⁄2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make 18 dark center rectangle units total.
2. Referring to Diagram 2, lay out four assorted purple and dark purple batik 2-1⁄2x10-1⁄2" rectangles and one dark center rectangle unit in horizontal rows. Join rows to make a dark block. Press seams toward assorted purple and dark purple batik rectangles. The dark block should be 10-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
3. Repeat Step 2 to make 18 dark blocks total.
4. Using purple batik 2-1⁄2" squares and assorted lilac and dark purple batik 2-1⁄2x4-1⁄2" rectangle sets, repeat Step 1 to make 18 light center rectangle units total.
5. Using assorted lilac and purple 2-1⁄2x10-1⁄2" rectangles and light center rectangle units, repeat Step 2 to make 18 light blocks total.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out:
Big Block Style