Assemble Blocks A and B
1. Referring to Diagram 1, sew together two black floral 3x17" strips and one red print 3x17" strip to make strip set A. Press seams toward black floral. Cut strip set into five 3"-wide A segments.
2. Referring to Diagram 2, sew together two black floral 3x8" rectangles and one A segment to make unit A. Press seams toward black floral. Unit A should be 8" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make five A units total.
3. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each cream print 3" square.
4. Align a marked cream print square with one corner of an A unit (Diagram 3; note direction of marked line). Stitch on drawn line and trim seam allowance to 1/4". Press open attached triangle, pressing seam toward black floral. In the same manner, add marked cream print squares to remaining corners to make an A block. Block A should be 8" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make five A blocks total.
5. Sew together two gold print 3x26" strips and one green print 3x26" strip to make strip set B (Diagram 4). Press seams toward green print. Cut strip set into eight 3"-wide B segments.
6. Referring to Diagram 5, sew together two B segments and one green print 3x8" rectangle to make unit B. Press seams toward green print rectangle. Unit B should be 8" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four B units total.
7. Using remaining marked cream print 3" squares and B units, repeat Step 4 to make four B blocks (Diagram 6).
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: