Assemble Triangle-Square Blocks
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each light purple print and dark purple print 6-7/8" square. (To prevent fabric from stretching as you draw the lines, place 220-grit sandpaper under each square.)
2. Layer a marked light purple print square atop a yellow print 6-7/8" square; sew together with two seams, stitching 1/4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1).
3. Cut joined squares apart on drawn line to make two triangle units (Diagram 2). Press each triangle unit open, pressing seam toward light purple print, to make two light purple triangle-square blocks for positions H and J. Each block should be 6-1/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make eight light purple triangle-square blocks total for positions H and J.
5. Using marked dark purple print squares and orange print 6-7/8" squares, repeat steps 2 and 3 to make eight dark purple triangle-square blocks total for position I.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out:
Triangle-Squares Bed Quilt