1. Aligning long edges, sew together five matching assorted dark batik strips and four matching assorted medium strips to make strip set A (Diagram 1). Press seams toward assorted dark batik. Cut strip set into five 1-3/4"-wide A segments total.
2. Sew together four matching assorted dark batik strips and five matching assorted medium batik strips to make strip set B (Diagram 2). Press seams toward assorted dark batik. Cut strip set into four 1-3/4"-wide B segments total.
3. Referring to Diagram 3, join five A segments and four B segments to make a block. Press seams in one direction. The block should be 11-3/4" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 1–3 to make five dark/medium blocks total.
5. Using assorted medium batik strips and assorted light batik strips, repeat steps 1-3 to make four medium/light blocks total.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: