1. Align 2" line on an acrylic ruler with point of a black-and-white toile triangle and bottom of ruler with long edge of triangle (Diagram 1). Rotary-cut along ruler’s right-hand edge.
2. Rotate toile triangle 180º and align ruler’s 4" line with triangle’s cut edge (Diagram 2). Rotary-cut along ruler’s right-hand edge to make a corner piece.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 36 corner pieces total.
4. Sew together a corner piece and a black dot 2-1⁄4x4" rectangle to make a corner unit (Diagram 3). Press seams toward black dot. Repeat to make 36 corner units total.
5. Referring to Diagram 4, sew together four corner units, four red floral triangles, and one red print 4" square in three diagonal rows. Press seams away from corner units. Join rows to make a block. Press seams toward center row. The block should be 10-3⁄4" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make nine blocks total.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: