Prepare Sashing Pieces
1. Referring to Diagram 7 and Prepare Large Pieces, steps 1 and 2, trim one end of a red-and-cream check 2-1/2x42” strip at a 60˚ angle and cut it into five 2-1/2”-wide sashing diamonds. Repeat with three of the remaining strips to cut 17 sashing diamonds total. (Retain remaining partial strips for use in Step 3.)
TIP: Check every two or three rows to ensure you’re still cutting at a perfect 60˚ angle; retrim to correct the angle, if needed.
2. Trim one end of a remaining red-and-cream check 2-1/2x42” strip at a 60˚ angle. Referring to Diagram 8 and Prepare Large Pieces, Step 5, cut strip into six sashing triangles. Repeat with a second red-and-cream check 2-1/2x42” strip to cut eight sashing triangles total. (Retain remaining partial strips for use in Step 3.)
3. Referring to Diagram 9 and Prepare Large Pieces, Step 4, use a red-and-cream check partial strip to cut a sashing half diamond. Repeat to cut six sashing half diamonds total.
4. Trim one end of a red-and-gold stripe 2-1/2x42” strip at a 60˚ angle. Positioning ruler parallel with angled end of strip, trim 6-1/2” from angled end to make a sashing strip A (Diagram 10). Repeat to cut 24 A sashing strips total.
5. Flip ruler over and repeat Step 4 with the 60º angles running in opposite direction to cut a B sashing strip (Diagram 11). Repeat to cut 24 B sashing strips total.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: