1. Referring to Mitten Block Appliqué Placement Diagram, position an assorted print A mitten, assorted print B cuff, and assorted print C patch on a light tan stripe 5-1/2x8-1/2" rectangle. Fuse all pieces in place following manufacturer’s directions.
2. Using black thread, machine-blanket-stitch around all pieces to complete a mitten block.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make a second mitten block.
4. Using A reversed and B reversed pieces instead of A and B pieces, repeat steps 1 and 2 to make a mitten reversed block. Repeat to make three mitten reversed blocks total, placing the patch in a variety of places on the mittens.
5. Referring to Snowflake Block Appliqué Placement Diagram, position one of each white print strip (3/8x7", 3/8x6", 3/8x5-1/2", and 3/8x4") on a light tan print 5-1/2x8-1/2" rectangle. Fuse all pieces in place.
6. Using brown thread, machine-blanket-stitch around strips, working from bottom layer to top, to complete a snowflake block.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make four snowflake blocks total.
8. Referring to Rectangle Appliqué Placement Diagram, position all assorted print letters, two white print D snowflakes, and one white print E circle on light tan stripe 5-1/2x17-1/2" rectangle. Fuse all pieces in place.
9. Using black thread, machine-blanket-stitch around all letters. Using brown thread, machine-blanket-stitch around white print D snowflakes and E circle appliqués to complete appliquéd rectangle.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: