1. For one square unit, gather one 9" square from one assorted print and two 2-1/2x13" rectangles and two 2-1/2x9" rectangles from a second assorted print.
2. Join print 2-1/2x9" rectangles to opposite edges of print 9" square (Diagram 1). Press seams toward square.
3. Add print 2-1/2x13" rectangles to remaining edges of 9" square, backstitching at beginning and end of seams, to make a square unit (Diagram 2). Press seams toward 2-1/2x13" rectangles. The square unit should be 13" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 1–3 to make 12 square units total.
5. Cut a square unit in half diagonally to make two pieced triangles (Diagram 3). Repeat to make 24 pieced triangles total.
6. Join two assorted pieced triangles to make a block (Diagram 4). Press seam in one direction. Trim block to 12-1/2" square including seam allowances.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: