Assemble Flying Geese Units
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each brown dot 6-1/2" square.
2. Align a marked brown dot square with one end of an orange argyle print 6-1/2x12-1/2" rectangle (Diagram 1; note direction of marked line). Sew on marked line; trim seam allowance to 1/4". Press open attached triangle, pressing seam toward brown dot triangle.
3. Align a second marked brown dot square with opposite end of Step 2 rectangle (Diagram 1; again note direction of marked line). Stitch, trim, and press as before to make an orange argyle Flying Geese unit. The unit should be 12-1/2x6-1/2" including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make four orange argyle Flying Geese units total.
5. Sew together a brown dot triangle and an orange dot triangle to make a triangle-square (Diagram 2). Press seam toward brown dot triangle. The triangle-square should be 6-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make eight triangle-squares total.
6. Referring to Diagram 3, sew together two triangle-squares to make an orange dot Flying Geese unit. Press seam open. The unit should be 12-1/2x6-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make four orange dot Flying Geese units total.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: