Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out blocks in
rows, noting direction of Floating Star units.
2. Sew together blocks in each row. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row.
3. Join rows to make quilt center. Press seams in one direction. The quilt center should be 24-1/2” square including seam allowances.
4. Sew short inner border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long inner border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward inner border.
5. Sew short outer border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: