1. Mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each green floral and light blue print 3-1/2” square.
2. Align a marked green floral 3-1/2” square with one corner of a brown circle print 6-1/2” square (Diagram 1; note direction of drawn line). Sew on the drawn line; trim excess, leaving 1/4” seam allowance. Press open attached triangle.
3. Align a marked light blue print 3-1/2” square with opposite corner of brown circle print square (Diagram 1; again note direction of drawn line). Stitch, trim, and press as before to make a Floating Star unit. The unit should be 6-1/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make eight Floating Star units total.
5. Sew together four assorted green and turquoise print 3-1/2” squares in pairs (Diagram 2). Press seams in opposite directions. Join pairs to make a Four-Patch unit. Press seam in one direction. The unit should be 6-1/2” square including seam allowances. Repeat to make eight Four-Patch units total.
6. Referring to Diagram 3, sew together two Four-Patch units and two Floating Star units in pairs. Press seams in opposite directions. Join pairs to make an Arkansas Crossroads block. Press seam in one direction. The block should be 12-1/2” square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four Arkansas Crossroads blocks total.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: