Assemble the Appliqué Blocks
1. For one appliqué block you'll need two Pattern A pieces, one Pattern B piece, two Pattern C pieces, three Pattern D pieces, and one solid off-white 6-1/2" background square.
2. Referring to Diagram 2 for placement, arrange the appliqué shapes on the background square.
3. Fuse the shapes in place with a hot, dry iron. Let the fabrics cool.
4. Using two strands of contrasting embroidery floss or one strand of perle cotton, blanket-stitch the appliqué pieces in place.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 for a total of 10 appliqué blocks.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: