1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of four matching light or medium flannel 1-1/2" squares.
2. Align a marked light or medium print square with one corner of a brown tweed or dark flannel 4-1/4" square (Diagram 1, note direction of drawn line). Sew on drawn line. Trim excess, leaving 1/4" seam allowance. Press open attached triangle.
3. Repeat Step 2 to add marked light print squares to remaining three corners of brown tweed or dark flannel square to make a dark Snowball block (Diagram 1). The block should be 4-1/4" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 to make 32 dark Snowball blocks total.
5. Using brown tweed and dark flannel 1-1/2" squares and light and medium flannel 4-1/4" squares, repeat steps 1 through 3 to make 32 light Snowball blocks total (Diagram 2).
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: