Assemble Double X Blocks
1. Sew together a pink medium floral print small triangle and a dark pink print small triangle to make a triangle–square (Diagram 1). Press seam toward dark pink print. The triangle–square should be 2-1/2" square including seam allowances.
2. Repeat Step 1 to make 90 triangle–squares total.
3. Referring to Diagram 2, lay out 10 triangle–squares, a pink large floral print 4-1/2" square and two pink medium floral print 2-1/2" squares in rows.
4. Referring to Diagram 2, join triangle-squares in pairs in middle row. Press seams in one direction. Then sew together pieces in each vertical row. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row. Join rows to make a Double X block; press seams toward middle row. The block should be 8-1/2" square including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make nine Double X blocks total.
Continued on Page 4: Assemble Quilt Top
More to check out: