1. Fold an assorted pink print 10" square in half vertically and horizontally to find center and divide square into quarters. Lightly finger-press to create positioning guidelines; unfold.
2. Center Circle Pattern on wrong side of prepared pink print square and use a pencil to trace around circle. (To prevent fabric from stretching as you draw the line, place 220-grit sandpaper under the square.)
3. Carefully cut out circle along drawn line, reserving square. Repeat to make 32 assorted pink print 6-1/2" circles and 32 assorted pink print 10" squares with a 6-1/2"-diameter circle opening. (You will use 31 circles.)
4. Aligning raw edges, layer a pink print 10" square with a 6-1/2"-diameter circle opening atop a solid tan 10" square (Diagram 1); pin. Sew pink print square to solid tan square 1/4" from the circle’s raw edge to make Block A; press. Editor’s Tip: Use a walking foot when sewing the curved piece to the foundation to prevent stretching the shape.
5. Using assorted pink print 10" squares with a 6-1/2"-diameter circle opening and solid tan 10" squares, repeat Step 4 to make 32 A Blocks total.
6. Fold a remaining solid tan 10" square in half vertically and horizontally; lightly finger-press to make positioning guidelines.
7. Aligning positioning guidelines, center a pink print circle atop prepared solid tan square (Diagram 2); pin. Sew pink print circle to foundation 1/4" from raw edge to make Block B. Press.
8. Using assorted pink print circles and solid tan 10" squares, repeat steps 6 and 7 to make 31 B Blocks total.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out:
Lion Appliqué T-Shirt