Appliqué Center Oval
1. Fold mottled tan 18x22" rectangle in half twice. Lightly press folds to create an appliqué foundation with placement guidelines; unfold.
2. Tape Pattern O to a light box or sunny window. Aligning fold lines with dotted lines on pattern, position appliqué foundation over pattern. Using a water- or air-soluble marker, lightly trace Pattern O onto appliqué foundation. (Do not cut out.)
3. Referring to Appliqué Placement Diagram, lay out shapes and prepared stems within traced oval on appliqué foundation. Baste, glue-baste, or pin all pieces in place.
4. Using threads that match the appliqué shapes and working from bottom layer to top, machine-appliqué pieces in place.
5. Press appliquéd oval from wrong side.
6. Using Pattern O, trim appliquéd oval.
Continued on Page 5: Assemble Quilt Center
More to check out: