1. For one block, you’ll need one large triangle and seven small triangles from the same cream print, and one large triangle and seven small triangles from one blue or aqua print.
2. Join a cream print and blue or aqua print small triangle to make a small triangle-square (Diagram 1). Press seam toward blue or aqua print. The small triangle-square should be 2-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four matching small triangle-squares.
3. Referring to Diagram 2, sew together small triangle-squares and remaining cream and blue or aqua print small triangles in rows. Press seams toward triangle-squares. Join rows; press seams in one direction.
4. Sew cream print and blue or aqua print large triangles to opposite edges of Step 3 unit to make an Ocean Waves block (Diagram 3). Press seams toward large triangles. The block should be 8-1/2" square including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 to make 16 Ocean Waves blocks total.
Continued on Page 4: Assemble Quilt Center
More to check out: