When joining pieces A, B, and C, be sure to align marked matching points. To do this, push a pin through center of dots when pieces are layered.
1. Referring to Diagram 1, sew together a red print A piece and a brown print B triangle to make a narrow pieced triangle. Press seam toward brown print. Repeat to make 16 narrow pieced triangles total.
2. Aligning marked matching points, sew orange and red polka dot C triangles to opposite long edges of a gold print C triangle (Diagram 2). Press seams toward polka dot triangles.
3. Add a pink print C triangle to remaining edge of Step 2 gold C triangle to make a wide pieced triangle (Diagram 3). Press seam toward pink print triangle.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 16 wide pieced triangles total.
5. Sew together a narrow pieced triangle and a wide pieced triangle to make a triangle pair (Diagram 4). Press seam toward wide pieced triangle. Repeat to make 16 triangle pairs total.
6. Sew together two triangle pairs to make a half unit (Diagram 5). Press seam toward wide pieced triangle. Repeat with remaining pairs to make eight half units total.
7. Join two half units to make a center unit (Diagram 6). Press seam in one direction. Repeat to make four center units total.
8. Add a red-and-tan print triangle to a corner of a center unit; press seam toward red-and-tan print. Repeat with remaining corners of center unit to make a block (Diagram 7). The block should be 12-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four blocks total.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: