Assemble Quilt Center
1. Referring to flat shot photo (or Diagram 3), lay out assorted blue, yellow, red, and white print trapezoid pieces in 24 rows matching fabrics in neighboring rows to make hexagons.
2. To join a horizontal row of trapezoids, start at one end.
Referring to Diagram 1, layer two trapezoids with short raw edges aligned and ends offset by 1/4"; sew and press seam.
3. Add next trapezoid in row to pieced pair of trapezoids in same manner (Diagram 2). Continue adding trapezoids until all pieces in row are sewn together.
4. In the same manner, join pieces in remaining rows, pressing seams in one direction and alternating direction with each row.
5. Join rows to make quilt center. Press seams in one direction. Trim quilt center to 48-1/2x63-1/2" including seam allowances (Diagram 3).
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: