Assemble Quilt Top and Finish Quilt
1. Alternating colors, sew together four coral tone-on-tone 2-1/2" squares and four red print 2-1/2" squares in a row to make a sashing strip (Sashing Strip Diagram). Press seams in one direction. The strip should be 2-1/2x16-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make 12 sashing strips total.
2. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out appliquéd blocks, sashing strips, and light green tone-on-tone sashing squares in five rows. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward sashing strips.
3. Join rows to make quilt center. Press seams in one direction. The quilt center should be 38-1/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Sew short black print border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long black print border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward border.
5. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste. Quilt as desired.
6. Bind with black tone-on-tone binding strips.
Return to Page 1:
More to check out: