1. Referring to Diagram?2, lay out two golden tan triangle-squares, 11 blue triangle-squares, three cream batik small triangles, and three assorted blue batik small triangles in five rows. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row. Join rows; press seams in one direction.
2. Referring to Diagram 3, fold Step 1 unit in half widthwise; unfold and pin or mark center of long edges. Fold two light brown batik large triangles in half and gently press folds (be careful not to stretch bias edges); unfold.
3. Matching center lines, sew light brown batik large triangles to long edges of Step 1 unit to make Ocean Waves Block A (Diagram 4). Press seams toward large triangles. The block should be 10-1/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 1–3 to make four Ocean Waves A blocks total.
5. Using one golden tan triangle-square, 12 blue triangle-squares, three assorted blue batik small triangles, three cream batik small triangles, and two light brown batik large triangles, repeat steps 1-3 to make Ocean Waves Block B (Diagram 5). Repeat to make 12 Ocean Waves B blocks total.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: