Assemble Teacup Blocks
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each yellow print 1-1/2" square.
2. Align marked yellow print squares with adjacent corners of a geometric or black print 3-1/2x4" rectangle (Diagram 1; note direction of marked line). Sew on drawn lines. Trim seam allowances to 1/4". Press open attached triangles.
3. Add yellow print 1-3/4x3-1/2" rectangles to short edges of Step 2 unit to make a teacup unit (Diagram 2). Press seams toward geometric or black print rectangles. The teacup unit should be 6-1/2x3-1/2" including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 21 teacup units total.
5. Sew a yellow print 3-1/2x6-1/2" rectangle to top edge of a teacup unit to make a yellow teacup block (Diagram 3). Press seam toward teacup unit. The block should be 6-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second, matching yellow teacup block.
6. Using black print teacup units, repeat Step 5 to make four more yellow teacup blocks.
7. Sew an orange print 3-1/2x6-1/2" rectangle to top edge of a teacup unit to make an orange teacup block A (Diagram 4). Press seam toward rectangle. Repeat to make three total of orange teacup block A.
8. Add an orange print 3-1/2x6-1/2" rectangle to bottom edge of a teacup unit to make an orange teacup block B (Diagram 4). Repeat to make two total of orange teacup block B.
9. Using olive green print 3-1/2x6-1/2" rectangles, repeat steps 7 and 8 to make three olive green teacup A blocks and two olive green teacup B blocks.
10. Using blue print 3-1/2x6-1/2" rectangles, repeat steps 7 and 8 to make three blue teacup A blocks and two blue teacup B blocks.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: