Assemble Sashing Units
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each pink small floral 2-1/2" square.
2. Align a marked pink small floral square with one end of a cream floral 2-1/2x4-1/2" rectangle (Diagram 1; note direction of drawn line). Sew on marked line; trim seam allowance to 1/4". Press open attached triangle.
3. Align a marked pink small floral square with opposite end of Step 2 rectangle (Diagram 2; again note direction of marked line). Stitch, trim, and press as before to make a cream small Flying Geese unit. The unit should be 2-1/2x4-1/2" including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make nine cream small Flying Geese units total.
5. Using green floral 2-1/2x4-1/2" rectangles instead of cream floral rectangles, repeat steps 2 and 3 to make nine green small Flying Geese units total (Diagram 3).
6. Referring to Diagram 4, join a cream small Flying Geese unit and a green small Flying Geese unit to make a pieced sashing square. Press seam toward green small Flying Geese unit. The pieced sashing square should be 4-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make nine pieced sashing squares total.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: