Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew together rows 1 and 2. Press seam open.
2. Join Row 3 to Step 1 piece. Continue adding rows 4 through 8 in numerical order. Press all seams open.
3. Sew solid black corner triangles to each corner to make quilt center. Press seams toward triangles. The quilt center should be 28x35" including seam allowances.
4. Sew long rust print inner border strips to long edges of quilt center. Add short rust print strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward border.
5. Sew a black-and-cream hand print 5-1/2" square to each end of a black-and-cream African print short outer border strip. Repeat to make a second short outer border strip. Press seams toward border.
6. Sew long outer border strips to long edges of quilt top. Sew short border units to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward border.
Continued on Page 7:
More to check out: