Finish Table Runner
1. Use solid red binding strip to bind straight edge of table runner.
2. Using diagonal seams, sew together solid white 1-inch-wide bias strips to make a 50-inch-long strip.
3. In same manner, join green print 1-1/4-inch-wide bias strips to make a 50-inch-long strip.
4. Sew together solid white and green print bias strips along one long edge to make a pieced binding strip. Press seam toward green print strip. Fold under each short end of pieced binding strip 1/2 inch; press.
5. On back side of table runner, align green edge of pieced binding strip with table runner's curved raw edge. Sew binding to table runner, easing in a little extra fabric around curves. Turn pieced binding to right side of table runner and turn under raw edge 1/4 inch, leaving a small band of solid white showing (Diagram 4). Hand-stitch binding in place.
6. Referring to photograph for placement, hand-sew buttons on table runner.
Return to Page 1:
More to check out: