1. Sew together a purple floral 2-1/2" square and a position 1 cream tone-on-tone rectangle to make a unit (Diagram 1). Press seam toward rectangle. Join a position 2 mottled cream rectangle to right-hand edge of unit to make a purple floral block center. Press seam toward position 2 rectangle. Repeat to make six purple floral block centers total.
2. Sew a purple print position 3A rectangle to bottom edge of a purple floral block center (Diagram 2). Press seam toward position 3A rectangle. Add a light purple print position 4A rectangle to left-hand edge; press.
3. Referring to Diagram 3, continue adding A and tan print rectangles in numerical order to make a Log Cabin A block. Press all seams away from block center. The Log Cabin A block should be 61/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make six Log Cabin A blocks total.
5. Repeat Step 1 using green floral 2-1/2" squares to make six green floral block centers total (Diagram 4).
6. Referring to Diagram 5, repeat steps 2 and 3 with B and tan print rectangles to make six Log Cabin B blocks total.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: