Assemble Quilt Center
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each white-and-blue large floral 2-1/8" square.
2. Layer each marked white-and-blue large floral square atop a navy blue small floral 2-1/8" square. Sew each pair together with two seams, stitching 1/4" on each side of drawn line (Triangle-Square Diagram).
3. Cut pair apart on drawn line to make two triangle units (Triangle-Square Diagram). Press open each triangle unit, pressing seam away from light print, to make two white-and-blue large floral triangle-squares. Each should be 1-3/4" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 80 white-and-blue large floral triangle-squares total. (You will use 64 for quilt center and 16 in the outer border corners.)
4. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out 64 triangle-squares in eight rows, noting the position of the light print triangles. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams open.
5. Join rows to make quilt center. Press seams open. The quilt center should be 10-1/2" square including seam allowances.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: