Assemble Star Blocks
1. Aligning marked matching points, sew tan print A and A reversed triangles to long edges of a black floral B triangle to make a star point unit (Diagram 1). Press seams toward A pieces. The star point unit should be 2-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 20 star point units total.
2. Referring to Diagram 2, sew together four tan print 2-1/2" squares, four star point units, and one red print 2-1/2" square in three rows. Press seams toward star point units in each row. Join rows to make a block center. Press seams away from center row. The block center should be 6-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make five block centers total.
3. Join two red print 2-1/2" squares and one tan print 2-1/2" square to make a side unit (Diagram 3). Press seams toward tan print square. The side unit should be 2-1/2x6-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make 10 side units total.
4. Referring to Diagram 4, join two black print, two red print, and one tan print 2-1/2x21" strips to make strip set A. Press seams away from tan print strip. Repeat to make a second Strip Set A. Cut strip sets into ten 2-1/2"-wide A segments.
5. Sew side units to opposite edges of a block center (Diagram 5).
Press seams toward block center. Add A segments to remaining edges to complete a star block. Press seams toward block center. The block should be 10-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make five star blocks total.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out:
Star Crib Quilt